Mark V 25 vs. Mini Recto From a Noise Perspective

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff5

Reaction score
Is the Mark V 25 with the effects loop as noisy as the Mini Recto with the effects loop? I know the deal with the mini recto (lots of threads, etc.) and tried many tubes and it appears that's just how it is. While I can deal with it, and stick a gate in the loop, I wonder if the Mark V 25 is as noisy. I know tone wise they are quite different, but trying to get perspective on the effects loop/noise. Thanks.

I have tested both with the same setup and don't notice abnormal noise or noise changes in Mini Recto.
Yes Mark V:25 is better in terms of overall noise, but both heads that I've tested has no changes with or without FX Loop used.

Thanks for your response! What's been a fun side effect is that I really never played my Mini Recto with the loop bypassed. The amp definitely has a different vibe and tone that way and sounds very good.

If there is a difference in tone when FX loop engaged you need to check pedals in the loop cause there is one that sucks the tone. :?

Latest posts

Back