Mark V:25 Playing Hard-To-Get

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HK Expat

Reaction score
I have been trying to get my hands on a MarkV:25 here in Hong Kong for months now. The local music shop placed some on order a while ago, but for some reason they are being secretive about how many units they ordered and when they are expected to arrive. My best guess is that Mesa is having challenges keeping up with the global demand for the product and are possibly giving first priority to the local US market, so as a result the local music shop is having difficulties getting a firm ship commitment from Mesa. Just a guess, not intended as a statement of fact. In any case, I put down a sizeable deposit yesterday in an attempt to secure a position in the waiting list.

I believe that some of the mods here either work at Mesa or have close connections with them. Would anyone be able to offer any insights into the current supply/demand status of the Mark V:25?

They're proving hard to find here in the US as well. At least for me. There's one Mesa dealer in my area, I wanted to try a MKV 25 out in person, and gave him a call yesterday. He had none in stock, has only been able to get one at a time in, and has been waiting for several months to get his next one in. On top of that he basically told me in so many words I'd have to get in line if I wanted one through him. I then checked several online dealers, including Sweetwater, one of the largest. They out of stock as well. Without being able to try one in person I'd have to go with a dealer that has a good, hassle free return policy, and just pull the trigger online when I can I guess.

It looks like Mesa is manufacturing and releasing them in lots. They all sell out fast if they ever make it to a shelf so you'll most likely have the best luck if you just buy one from a dealer and wait for the backorders to be filled.

Back