Mark V 25 Head goes pop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmac11

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Love the clean tone of Channel 1 Fat and the throaty growl of the Mark IIC+. Not encouraged by the popping noise the amp makes when I turn it off though. Even in standby mode.
Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
Hi pmac 11,

I had a similar problem. It was the tube driving the loop that was faulty. Hope it helps !

Thanks Dude!
Let us know if that fixed the problem on your amp.

All of my Mesa Boogie amps do the loud pop turning on/off standby as well as turning off the amp.

My Marshall power amp can make the loud pop when turning on Standby and turning off the amp if I don't wait long enough for the signal to dissipate.

It has always fascinated me that my KSR amps are dead quiet but my Mesa Boogies and Marshalls do the loud pop.

Let us know if that fixed the problem on your amp.

All of my Mesa Boogie amps do the loud pop turning on/off standby as well as turning off the amp.

My Marshall power amp can make the loud pop when turning on Standby and turning off the amp if I don't wait long enough for the signal to dissipate.

It has always fascinated me that my KSR amps are dead quiet but my Mesa Boogies and Marshalls do the loud pop.
I'll let you know. Have been playing a little 5 watt lately, haven't got around to swapping out tubes in the Mark V25.

Back