Mark One Anvil case

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeddy

Reaction score
I have a 77 Mk I and it's original Anvil case. The foam is shot, where can I get some to replace it with and how can I cut it properly so it looks as it did in 77?

I contacted Anvil about sending it back for them to do it but I can buy a new case for what they quoted.

Ed

I have a Anvil case for my '78 Mesa/Boogie Mark head. Got the same story after mine dry rotted.

I found 1/2" thick blue closed cell foam sheets at Wal-mart (used for camping), a razor knife and straight edge and 3M adhesive at Home Depot. I had to cut two 1/2" sheets and laminate them together ... then stick the 1" sheets to the wood.

It worked out great ... cost me about $20 I think ... looks good too.

You might also check out a local fabric store because they normally carry foam that can be as thick as 3-4 inches. I have even seen 6" and 12" thick rolls. I am sure that you can find stuff to use that way so that you are not having to laminate foam together before you even start.

I wanted closed cell foam and had a bit harder time finding it. You can order it in 1" but it was more expensive. If you just want to use regular foam, it's pretty much everywhere.

I almost think that the heavier foam found in products like a Boogie Board :lol: might be a better solution because it lasts longer. However the lighter foam tends to cushion better. There has got to be an even better solution like a medium light density foam?

Wait, I just thought of it. Air Bag it!!!!!!

Get some bladders and a little pump and be in a cushion of air.

I guess that was a little premature... Let me patent that first... :wink:

Good luck Jakeddy ... I'll bow out now since you guys are just having fun. But the solution I mentioned was affordable and put my anvil case back in action. My'78 Boogie is traveling in style again. Hope it helps.

:D

Latest posts

Back