Mark IVa -- 1990 Short Head Picture Request

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunkonu23

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1990 Mark IVa. It sounds super, but has some minor cosmetic issues. I was wondering if anyone here having a Mark IVa from 1990 could post some pictures or PM so I can respond with my E-mail address for pictures? The amp is in a standard, black tolex covered cabinet. I'm going to restore the amp to original condition so it's kind of a cool project for me. The amp sounds tremendous so I just want to make it look as hot as it sounds!

Thanks in advance!

Scott

if you are after just some pic's..

DSC04459.jpg

DSC03698.jpg

DSC03691.jpg

DSC04463.jpg

Thanks, Shep!

I'm discovering there are differences in Mark IVa's. Yours has the "Boogie" nameplate as does mine, however mine, based on discoloration had "MESA/BOOGIE" as the front nameplate on it originally. Is this a known thing?

Scott

I've owned 2 1992 models and sheps headshell has been changed. The headshell of the C+ next to it looks more like a 1990 Mark IV headshell.

The newer ones have leather corners whereas the 1990 model still has the older classic chrome corners.
Tolex was bronco on older models, taurus on newer models. Grill was fender style black on older models and some new boogie style thing on modern boogies.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah.. the name plate was changed. The amp I have has the chrome corner pieces. The tolex on mine is black and it's in really great shape. In fact, after some cleaning, the tolex looks brand new.

I've found some pictures on this board of one, like mine, that was for sale so it looks like I'm on the right track in the restoration.

Scott

hmm..it seems the layout of channel volumes was slightly different than the newer models.

yours appears to be RYH - 1 LEAD - RHY2

anyone else notice that?

Me thinks it's just a camera artifact. The EQ light looks orangey too. In the fisrt pic, with the amp off, it looks red.

Back