Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am buying a Mark IV really soon and original i was set on the combo (compact or wide) but now I am having doubts. I tried out a short Mark IV head today through a Mesa 2x12 cab and I loved it. I don't know which to get. I think i like the sound of the head and cab better but the combo would be easier to transport and such.

Any help of tips would be greatly apreciated! :D

Hey! , you're that kid who's like 10 and shreds, !!! anyways to answer your question, if you get the combo, it'll be less work for gigs, if you get the head, you'll have more options and more versatiltiy, and probbaly end up spending a bit more with the head + cabinet, anyways, rock on!

Nick_cor said:
Hey! , you're that kid who's like 10 and shreds, !!! anyways to answer your question, if you get the combo, it'll be less work for gigs, if you get the head, you'll have more options and more versatiltiy, and probbaly end up spending a bit more with the head + cabinet, anyways, rock on!

haha yeahh. Thanks man. I think I'm going with the head and cab. For the cab does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking a 2x12 three-quarter back. Would a 2x12 recto work? What would be the the better of the two?

don't know about the three-quarter back, but i have my MarkIV Short Head with a Recto 2x12 and it is totaly awesome, great match !

If you can afford the little bit extra for the combo version of the Mark IV, I'd get that and the 2x12. Then you have the option of using either. That's what I did (although now I primarily run it through a 4x12). The only downside is that the combo version of the amp is significantly heavier than the head.

I used to have both horizontal and vertical Recto 2x12's. The Mark IV sounded awesome through both. I preferred the horizontal's low-end, but the vertical was a bit more portable with casters and side-handles. The combo sitting on top of the vertical Recto was pretty cool... it was kind of like a mini-stack. :)

If I had to choose, I'd get the horizontal 2x12 as I preferred its tone. You might also check out the Roadster 2x12 horizontal cab, which is considerably lighter and still has a fantastic tone (I A/B'ed them recently with a Mark IV at the store).

Here is what I'm going to do when I buy my Mark IV "compact" or "short" combo: Sit it on top of a Mesa 1x12 Thiele cabinet (which I already have.. haha).

Perfection.

BTW, someone sell me a Mark IV combo in Canada! : )

rippingrudy said:
Here is what I'm going to do when I buy my Mark IV "compact" or "short" combo: Sit it on top of a Mesa 1x12 Thiele cabinet (which I already have.. haha).

Perfection.

BTW, someone sell me a Mark IV combo in Canada! : )

Hey :p

Get the head & look for some Serbian made speakers
the Palacinka brand are rare but the best with jam :wink:

I've got the short head Mark IV with an open back 1/12 and a Thiele 1/12 and couldn't be happier. I can stay up with Marshalls with 4/12's, and others and the open back cab with the Thiele gives me bottom end, openness and good ole Mesa velvet crunch. Both speakers are MC-90's. I've tried the EVM and can't see the extra weight. I couldn't hear much difference in these speakers.

TW

Latest posts

Back