Mark IV with Tech 21 Power Engine

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonmerv

Reaction score
My apologies if this question appears elsewhere on the board, I've had little luck finding any information on this. Have any of you tried running the Tech 21 Power Engine from the Mk IV's stereo effects loop return? Any opinions on this in general?

My initial post probably wasn't clear. I'm running a MK4 combo and want to use the power engine in place of a simul-satellite in order to run my rig in stereo.

If its a MK 4a u can't use an external satellite speaker setup, MK 4b u can. U didn't specify whether it's an a or b. presumably a b.

BeYourself said:
If its a MK 4a u can't use an external satellite speaker setup, MK 4b u can. U didn't specify whether it's an a or b. presumably a b.

This isn't quite correct. You can use a stereo satellite setup with any amp that has an effects loop. You just run one output of your stereo effect to the satellite and the other output back into the main amp's return... The only difference with the Mark IVb is that you run the satellite signal back to the amp, which has a buffered output to the satellite, to accomodate long cable runs. This could be done with any other amp, using a separate buffer, if necessary. Most people have everything in close proximity, though, so it is not an issue.

Back