Mark IV Wide Body Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the Mark IV a good "Shredder" amp?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes, but only with some modifications or with overdrive pedals

• Total voters

SonicShredder

Reaction score
I have personally become quite fond of the Mark IV tones lately, and I'm strongly thinking of buying a brand new wide body combo. I have a few questions about it first.

-This amp has a lot of push/pull pots...are they reliable? Do they break? Do they become crackly when adjusting after a short period of time?

-Do the tubes hang under the sockets, or sit above the sockets?

-Which speaker does it use?

-Is the cabinet closed, or open?

-What are the dimensions of this combo?

-What is the approximate weight?

-What exactly does "Rear Mounted Speaker" mean?

Pots are reliable. If they break they can be replaced. All pots become crackly after time but no it's not short
Tubes hang
Celestion C90 Black Shadow
Open
Dimensions are on the website
It weighs a lot.

SonicShredder said:
What exactly does "Rear Mounted Speaker" mean?
Just exactly what it says, the speaker is loaded from behind and attached to the back of the baffle board rather then the front.

what do you plan on using it for? (bedroom practicing, casual jamming, gigging, recording, etc.)

i had the widebody combo and a widebody 1x12" extension cab and recently switched it out to a head so i could pair it with an old halfback cab. i personally like the sound a lot better with one sealed/ported and one open-back speaker... punchier bass for rhythm..

getting a head will give you a lot more options for speaker cabs.

I agree that combining the open and closed back sounds great. I just got a wide body mark IV combo and loved it immediately. I was playing a recto 2x12 cab for a few years and just got over the dark sound of it, again you can't compare the nomad to the mark IV for that matter. but the open back sounds great with the C90. It is a quilted maple enclosure and compared to my IIC Imbuya with export tranny in road case, the Mark IV is light as.

Latest posts

Back