Mark IV vs. Diezel Einstein

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANIMATED SUSPENSION

Reaction score
In the MKIV you can use without re-biasing if you use MB tubes OR tubes to MB specs :

4 x 6L6 (or 2 in Class A)
4 X 5881 (or 2 in Class A)
2 X EL34 + 2 X 6L6 (or just the 2 EL34's in class A)
2 X 5881 + 2 X 6L6
4 X 6V6

You can use any make of 12ax7/ecc83 in the pre amp. You can run most combinations in pentode or triode too. If that's not enough options go for the Diezel ! :roll:

Einstein is 2 channel, but 3 modes on channel 1 (not footswitchable unless you mod it). I have the 50W head along with my DC-3 and my mood dictates which one I prefer :lol: Haven't compared to a Mk IV :(

Herbert is a full 3 channel though, and apparantly a different beast to the Einstein.....

You can always mod the Mark IV for adjustable Bias. But i don't see how this is even an arguing point if you don't have the skill or equipment to rebias an amp.

Greg

Don't forget that KT-77s or KT-88s can replace the EL-34s and 6L6s respectively, if to Mesa specs.

I've played Diezels before, and have heard quite a few live....not that impressed...they always sound synthetical to me. Don't have that Boogie vibe.

I got to jam out on a herbert yesterday for a few minutes.. it was actually pretty impressive. A bit tighter than a recto but not as tight as a mark IV.. more recto flavored for sure. Cleans were crap on it though IMO

The mark IV is the one I would take, einstein does not do it for me, to scratchy.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I've played Diezels before, and have heard quite a few live....not that impressed...they always sound synthetical to me. Don't have that Boogie vibe.

I've heard them couple of times and they always had too much gain so I really don't have an objective opinion about them. Based on what I've heard I wouldn't touch them but then again any amp can sound bad it "tweaked bad"... Also Laboga Hector is in the same category for me. Haven't tried it but heard it twice live. Too **** much gain...

Back