Mark IV thru 4x12... wow.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bourque

Reaction score
I had to make a post about this. I've owned a 4x12 for almost 2 years now but I have never had it home. It's always been on the road or at the church where my band plays. I had a Mark IV combo first but I recently converted it to a head. Due to band issues all my gear is currently at home for the first time and I've actually had time to A/B the different sounds of the speakers and cabs...

So I've been used to tweaking the amp at home with the C90 and then having enough time to fire it up and play when using the 4x12. It's either been one or the other. But today was the first time I had time to fool around and man, what a massive difference. I think a Mark IV through a standard Mesa 4x12 with V30's is THEE tone. It's huge! I know it sounds weird to only come to that conclusion now but in a controlled environment where I have silence and time to dial in, it's unreal. The low end is so smooth, the mids are just perfect, and the highs do not pierce your head off at all. I had it lower and higher volumes, same thing. Gorgeous tone! The cab just sings.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone was wondering if it would be worth the effort. It makes the amp sound 4x as big and it's super clear. The C90 in a 1x12 format does not do it justice. But that's all just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back