Mark IV/Thiele speaker setup?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UsrName

Reaction score
Ok guys, here's my setup:

Mark IV short combo w/ C90 and a Thiele cab w/ EV. When I use them together, the C90 seems to dominate the sound, adding a lot of high end. I've tried the combo on top and on the side of the Thiele cab, but to no avail. It's so annoying that, lately, I've been just using the Thiele by itself.

What other speakers can I try with less sensitivity (db, spl, etc.) and less highs. I was thinking about a V30, since I did like it in the F-30 I used to have. I like the Celestion sound, especially in conjuction with the EV, so I'd like to keep some of that grit. Any suggestions? Maybe one of the Eminence line?

Also, I've thought about swapping the Thiele for a 2x12 of some sort. Thanks for any help fellow Boogiers!

I have a Mark III with a EV12l theile extension. I put an Eminence swamp thang in the como and I like it alot. Although I don't have anything else to compare so not sure if it means anything. I don't think it overpowers the EV at all though.

I suggest you get another EV for the combo OR try the Eminence Delta Pro 12A which is their answer to the EV - It's 400 watts with a nice flat response. I have one in my Thiele and love it!!

When I had my Mark III combo the stock C90 speaker was KILLING my ears. You surely want something less spiky.

I don't like the c90 in my MKIV combo and I usually unplug the speaker and plug it into my 2X12 Recto cab....sounds awesome. I was curious as to the thiele sound....everyone seems to rave about them but how does one sound compared to my 2X12 cab?

The recto cab has v-30's in it.

An EVM Thiele with a Traditional cab rocks!!!

The C90 actually sounds pretty good with an EVM Thiele. I am surprised you don't like it. Those metal grilled halfbacks sound really nice with a C90 up top and an EVM in the bottom.

I was running my combo with an EVM in it and an EVM in my Thiele. That was a nice combination too.

What is the tone difference in the EVM 12L Black Label and the EVM 12L Classic?

I haven't heard the Black Label yet but it was voiced for Zakk Wylde as his signature speaker. The Classic is supposed to mimic the originals.

Latest posts

Back