Mark IV Stereo can be done with other amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxr2000

Reaction score
Ok would like to know if any of you guys, tried to uses the Mark IV in stereo with other amps than a mesa satellite? could you tell me your findings and what work best for this? 8)

For about two years I used a Carvin 300 watt monitor power amp. It was a single channel with a graphic eq. It worked pretty well since my MKIII coloseum was the tone generator at the time. My signal was:

Coloseum pre out > TC2290 with Alesis Qudraverb in its loop>left to power amp in of MKIII, >right to input of Carvin power amp. These powered a Mesa full stack and a Carvin full stack. That was in the late 80's, I eventually sold the Carvin stuff and replaced it with Mesa, but the tone was still great with that stuff, I always was complimented on the tone.

Try to find a used satellite or a 290,295,395, 400, 500. They are out there, you just have to look.

Is there other alternative to the mesa satellite? could that be done with a Tech21 1x12 power engine combo?

Back