Mark IV Satellite Send Function

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwordsman13

Reaction score
I know this is for stereo applications, but the manual does not really explain it all that well to me. I was wondering exactly how this works and what you need to use it. Thanks.

I have a Mark IV A without one, but it has to work like an effects sent and you could send the output to any power amp.

Yep, you need a stereo effects processor, a second power amp and speaker, or a Boogie Satellite, basically the same thing.
The Satellite (no longer made) was a four knob combo with just the power section of a Mark III or IV.
Amp 1 effect send > processor input > processor left out > Amp 1 effect return. Processor right out > Amp 2 effect return (or input).

I think you can send the left and right returns from the process back to the left and right returns on the Mark IV and connect the satellite send to another power amp and it sends either the left or right return to that amp.
Again I don't have a B so I don't know for sure, but I am pretty sure that how it works.
The way you described is exactly the way I set up my Mark IV A with my satellite.

so it basically sends the preamp section of the mark iv into a power amp so it's basically like having two mark IVs? If so are there any other power amps that you guys could recommend?

Any power amp that works for you should be great. If you can find a simul-satellite that is nice because it is a great mono tube power amp and with the minimal preamp, it is a cool clean amp. But basically you would only need a mono power amp.

One point that's been overlooked in the previous posts is that the signal from the slave out is derived from the speaker output terminal not from the preamp output so this signal contains the entire amps signal from beginning to end. I find the slave to be much more useful in a W/D/W setup such as mine, then in a simple stereo setup where you'd be better off using the the efx loop in/outs. If you use the slave out to drive another poweramp you are basically using back to back poweramps which in my experience (been there done that) gets muddy and undefined. In my setup the slave out feeds a stereo efx processor which then drives a SS stereo amp that adds no color of it's own, simply adding the efx after the Mk IV's poweramp where they should be.

backwordsman13 said:
So where does the slave out go into the FX processor?
Even though the slave out signal comes from the speaker terminal it's power has been lowered to line level so you plug it into the normal input on your efx processor.

Just thought I would ask: What is the main difference between using a satellite amp and running two mark IVs? I know there has got to be a main difference. Thanks, sorry for my ineptness on this subject. :p

I think the big difference is money. Only one Mark IV and the satellite was much cheaper.

Also one preamp to set tone wise and channel switch etc...

Latest posts

Back