Mark IV Rackmount - how big a case do I need?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jappy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This might be a silly questions, but I'm totally new to this rackmount gear stuff.

What is the minimum rack case size I need for a rackmounted Mark IV? Is it 4U? And how deep?

jappy said:
Hi guys,

This might be a silly questions, but I'm totally new to this rackmount gear stuff.

What is the minimum rack case size I need for a rackmounted Mark IV? Is it 4U? And how deep?
4U minimum for the chassis, but that leaves virtually no room the reverb tank. Gator makes a 14" deep rack.
FWIW, I had a Mk III (same size) in a 6U, 14" deep Gator, and it was just about the same size and weight as the combo, but without the speaker. So I went back to the combo. Then again, I am a total dinosaur.

Is the 4u 14 "" rack case like shallow size,because if there was a Triaxis or similar added to the rig the case would have to be the deeper standard 4u to accomodate this

G-forces are only 8.2" deep. The Triaxis is 14.3" deep so you'd need a 19" with that. Try Google. It's amazing.

Back