Mark IV rackmount EQ LED at various brightness levels . . .

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEVEL4

Reaction score
I have a "new" Mark IV rackmount. It's actually about four years old. It was sitting in a Lucite display case, sans shell, at the Mesa/Boogie Hollywood store, as a marketing display. Then, a couple weeks ago, the store decided to rack-mount it, and sell it.

So, when I turn the amp on, but when still in stand-by, the EQ light is at first, off (even though EQ is on at the switch in back). Then it slowly gets slightly brighter. Then, when I switch the standby switch to "on," the EQ LED lights up at its normal brightness level. I do not have a footswitch plugged in, and the EQ switch on the back is set to "on." Also, when I change from tweed to full-power, the EQ light changes brightness slightly as well. Is this all normal?

my EQ light is messed up as well and sometimes is only half as bright as normal, and i just tap on it lightly and she lights run up.

also, some of the LEDs on my footswitch have sunk in, and the cable is frayed and wires are poking out....yet it still works.

LEVEL4 said:
I have a "new" Mark IV rackmount. It's actually about four years old. It was sitting in a Lucite display case, sans shell, at the Mesa/Boogie Hollywood store, as a marketing display. Then, a couple weeks ago, the store decided to rack-mount it, and sell it.

So, when I turn the amp on, but when still in stand-by, the EQ light is at first, off (even though EQ is on at the switch in back). Then it slowly gets slightly brighter. Then, when I switch the standby switch to "on," the EQ LED lights up at its normal brightness level. I do not have a footswitch plugged in, and the EQ switch on the back is set to "on." Also, when I change from tweed to full-power, the EQ light changes brightness slightly as well. Is this all normal?

That's something my previous Mk 4's had as well. When they get older the joint gets loose or something. Totally normal, nothing wrong. Just tap it. If you want it to burn like it should you could get it repaired, but that's not needed.

And it's normal when it's less bright in tweed mode. Tweed lowers internal voltage(like a variac) and the light will shine less bright that way.

Nothing to worry. :) My older Mk 4's worked fine with it.

Latest posts

Back