mark IV question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobytheplatypus

Reaction score
i own a triple rectifier, and love it. i want a second head to switch between, and love the mark4 tones ive heard.
my question is about Rhythym 1 & 2; can either (or both) produce awesome distortion, ala Lamb of God, All that Remains (the fast, clear, picking and stuff), or can those tones only be achieved with the lead channel?

I think not. You can get R2 pretty dirty, but I don't think it will sound like what you're asking, even using the EQ.

If you boost R2 you can get some overlap but not as much gain as the lead channel.

R2 is way less compressed than the Lead channel which I find to be better at times.

To be honest, I find the R2 to be a better lead tone with the right EQ... I love how open it sounds.

dodger916 said:
Platypus said:
To be honest, I find the R2 to be a better lead tone with the right EQ... I love how open it sounds.

+1.

Platypus: How would you compare your R2 lead tone to your C+...either channel?

Thanks.

Frank

R2 is more like the clean channel of the C+ because it shares that open feeling in my opinion. I have my clean set up pretty clean but if I were to dial in a bit more gain it would feel similar to R2. With a boost on the clean of the C+ it definitely shares some sonic ground. The tone is better on the C+ but as far as the feeling of it they're pretty close.

Latest posts

Back