MARK IV QUESTION ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARKIVBOOGIE

Reaction score
Hey guys ,Been having some trouble latley with my MarkIV cutting out on the lead channel. The first time it did it we were practing quit loud and slowly got quite then came back to normal within a few seconds .Then it was fine the rest of the night. The next mornig i was wondering what happen so i went down to play it and this time it got kinda fuzzy sounding went quite and the came back to normal with in a few seconds. and this time i was on real low settings but still on the lead channel . Does this sound like a tube or someting else ? ANY REPLYS WOULD BE HELPFUL THANKS PHIL O yea its only 2 months old

most likely a power tube. To check if it's a preamp tube, turn it on and tap on them lightly with a pencil The one that makes a ton of noise will be the bad tube. If none make noise, they're all good. If it's a new amp, you have 6 months to get new tubes under warranty.

I experienced something similar with mine a while ago. Cleaning all the input jacks appeared to fix it. Good luck.

Don't know if you are cabled or wireless - but watch for a bad cable. They can really do tricks. Next time it happens, jiggle the cable, or just substitute another one to see if any difference.

Latest posts

Back