Mark IV question..pic inside...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedkirby

Reaction score
im new to the boards so if im posting this in the wrong please dont flame and just redirect.

i will be purchasing a mark IV from someone , everything is being discussed , the gentlemen sent me pics and i noticed something.
there appears to be rust on some metal component near the tubes.
do you guys know exactly what that is and if i will have to get it replaced or serviced ? i would rather it be clean because thats how i like my equipment to look , very immaculate...so i would definitely get those replaced...all theres rust on the carry handle...i dont like it...will it be easy to replace? this head was used for gigging so i guess its kind of normal/expected?
any input is highly appreciated

S5030032.jpg

S5030035.jpg

My MKIV A has rust on the tube clips too, but I wouldn't worry about it. I was wondering if I could replace the metal on my open back cab coz they are rusted pretty bad. The metal for the handle and all the corner guards are rusted like hell. Any way to replace these parts with new/used rust-free ones guys?

Boogiebabies said:
Looks like the Titanic Edition MK IVA.

hahaha, good one..

by the way, if anyone wants a Titanic mod done to their MkIV I do them really cheap, might take a little while though :lol:

stonedkirby said:
ne other input

both my rectos were 10x worse than that...if you're willing to put in the hours to clean it up, go for it. BUT, as mentioned, there's other fish in the sea. With a pre500 recto, there's not much to choose, so you take what you can get.

In other words...keep searching and if you get desperate just fall back on this one.

Maybe I missed it, but what was the asking price? If he's selling the amp for a great price, the sure I would definately grab it. You could clean the rust off, or even go buy some replacement parts and still be ahead. But if he's selling it for the going rate, then I'd pick up another one w/o the rust. They are a really easy amp to find so why not buy one w/o rust for the same price?

Latest posts

Back