mark IV - quad preamp etc..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have a mark IV and let me tell you , i'm in love with it, but I need some money so i need to sell it, i figured if i can sell it i'll have enough money to put away and buy a preamp and a poweramp.

I really like the clean and Lead on the mark IV , does the quad or other preamp come close to that, I dont' like the triaxis*I was thinking of having a setup like, Quad, studio + 50/50 or a quad + formula pre, or the quad + v twin, bascially I need something to replicate the lead, and clean tones I'm getting from the mK IV. I really like the tone from the album images and words and from my understanding John Petrucci of Dream Thetaer used the quad for that album.

I would need a setup that would give me 3 distinct channels, one for that liquidy sustained goobs of gain lead * that my mark IV provides * the tight cleans that the mark IV provieds and a heavy rhythm , similar to old school drema theater tone.

Does anyone know what the V twin preamp sounds like ? any clips, any help would be appreciated because I'm planning on selling soon!

Thanks!

Back