Mark IV powering up

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maldeve

Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question but I just wanted to make sure its not just my amp.

Everytime I power the amp off its usually in the Lead channel, but when I repower it back on later it always comes back on in either channel 1 or 2, and its usually 50/50 between those channles. It never powers up back on the lead channel or a certain channel and the GEQ is always engaged even though I hardly use it.

Is this common with all MarkIV amps?

Uh... If you have the footswitch plugged in that still works even when the amp is off.

So, if you like bump it funny and accidentally engage a different channel that'll do it.

My Mark doesn't do this weird zombie-switching unless its from my footswitch.

Yes mine does the same thing. It's completely normal and seems to pick a channel at random.

Maybe it's the rare Mark IV Voodoo?

But seriously, I've been considering acquiring a Mark IV and wonder other than the wealth of tone this would bring, would I notice much difference from what I already have. Mark IIA, III and Rocket Reverb? Or Do I sell them all and just get a Mark IV?

carlosasi said:
But seriously, I've been considering acquiring a Mark IV and wonder other than the wealth of tone this would bring, would I notice much difference from what I already have. Mark IIA, III and Rocket Reverb? Or Do I sell them all and just get a Mark IV?
It would be most similar to your Mark III, although smoother and darker. Not better or worse, just slightly different.

~trem

Latest posts

Back