Mark IV power and standby LEDs out!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippingrudy

Reaction score
Just wondering if it's easy to replace the power and standby LEDs on my Mark IV? The power one was out when I bought it and now the other one is out too.

Thanks

hey, try putting some pressure on the LEDs, like you're trying to push them in, but not too much force, you'll break them, apparently the LEDs go in and out on EVERYONES mark IVs

Have you flicked them with your finger ?

Technically, LED's never die unless they get more than thier rated voltage.
They should just dim with age. In some cases on the IV, the LV electrolytics can go bad and cause the LED's to not function, especially if the amp has been dormant for a while. A cheap test would be to piggy back a new LED onto the old one and don't forget they are diodes and need to be powered in the same direction as the one installed or poof !!

I recon mesa had a bad batch for all the early mk IV's.. I have replaced two bad LED in mine... I know they don't go bad.. but thats the only reason that that can think of for them doing it.. I just solderd two new ones in direct place of the old ones didn't can't anything else..Works prefectly and no flicking..

Yep... Got the same thing with my eq LED. Surprised to see I am not alone.

Nick_cor said:
hey, try putting some pressure on the LEDs, like you're trying to push them in, but not too much force, you'll break them, apparently the LEDs go in and out on EVERYONES mark IVs

I also have a similar problem with R2 LED. Some times it does not lite or lit poorly when the channel changed to R2 but when I touch/press the LED, it lights up again properly. It is not a loose connection,I checked that.
Any body know how to fix it.
It does not affect the sound though.

Except the same as BB.

But I'm getting some new ones installed soon because its easy and cheap to fix, and on stage it is nice to have em work properly.

Latest posts

Back