Mark IV possible overheat problem???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlayermanGR

Reaction score
Hey everyone!!
I have just a little question to ask, I was playing with the amp for about 2 hours today at full power,pentode,simul-class and when I touched the front of the head (I have a combo) I noticed that all the surface and the metal switches except the plastic knobs were hot! Well, of course not enough to burn myself, just wondering if that is normal or not!! :roll:

Thanks for your time guys! :wink:

I just realised how n00b I still am! :lol:
I can't believe I hadn't checked if the fan was working before!

Unfortunately I can't power on the fan yet cause it has a different socket than the one we have here so I guess I have to buy an adaptor or something!

I have been playing with the amp fan-less for about 3-4 months, are there any nasty consequences or am I just lucky I realised it *early*! :lol:

SlayermanGR said:
I just realised how n00b I still am! :lol:
I can't believe I hadn't checked if the fan was working before!

Unfortunately I can't power on the fan yet cause it has a different socket than the one we have here so I guess I have to buy an adaptor or something!

I have been playing with the amp fan-less for about 3-4 months, are there any nasty consequences or am I just lucky I realised it *early*! :lol:

Well, it's just not generally healthy for all the components inside the amp to heat up to such high temperatures, cool down, then heat up again, etc. It definately can shorten it's lifetime if it was played like this very long under very high volumes.

And yeah, it's plugs into the two-prong fan power outlet under the chassis. .

Wow, n00bx2!
Thanks a lot for the information guys, I can't recall reading something about this little hidden socket in the manual!
I hope everything's ok with the amp, cause it sounds great as always, and fortunately I haven't played it at high volumes!

Thanks again a lot! :wink: :D

SlayermanGR said:
Wow, n00bx2!
Thanks a lot for the information guys, I can't recall reading something about this little hidden socket in the manual!
I hope everything's ok with the amp, cause it sounds great as always, and fortunately I haven't played it at high volumes!

Thanks again a lot! :wink: :D

Your amp should be fine. :wink:

It's only some of the combos, combo spec heads (i.e upside down) and some amps over 100 watts that have fans, and rightly so. Quite a few don't have/need them, you check :

Express
Stiletto Ace head
Stiletto Deuce
Single Rectifier
Dual Rectifier
Triple Rectifier
Roadster head

How do you know how long Hendrix' and Pages amps lasted anyway ??They were more than likely modified and repaired after each gig !!

Latest posts

Back