Mark IV Owners: Wanna trade?!?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ibanez4life SZ! said:
One question if someone should stumble upon here....

I was planning on buying the used Mark IV at my GC, but after checking it's serial number, the amp if from '96....that puppy is over 10 years old now...almost 11....

The amp sat at GC for a while with a blown fuse...they replaced it, and it sounded fine to me, but I'm worried....

Is it ok to buy such an old amp? I really don't want to worry about any reliablity issues......

mine is a 91 and it's in the smae condition it was when it was born..i have only owned it for about a year to..this amp can last 30 years before needing a service..think about the mk IIc+ ,22 year old amp's..

Shep said:
mesa MK III blue stripe
Mesa dual recto 3 channel ( sold )

Gibson Les Paul Std 59" reissue
Ibanez Jem
Fender Stratocaster org-1974
Boss/Moley effect's

like... just the speaker?

What's wrong with that? I had one sitting in a box for a year or so. I just sold it because I was cleaning house and found it. I was originally going to use it to replace a C90 in the top of a vertical 2x12 Mark series cab if I could find one. I missed a few locally and kind of gave up for a little bit.

If I end up getting that 2x12 I will have to get another EVM or take it out of my combo... Oh wait, combo with C90... interesting... :idea:

I think so. Maybe like this:

M/B Mark IVA w/ EVM-12L upgrade

1991 Mesa Boogie Mark IVA Short Combo with EVM-12L upgrade? :wink:

mark IV rackmount head.. And the mesa EVM 12L 1x12 200watt cab.. it's a single 12.. A really BIG sounding cab..do you want to know how much here in Aust? $1400 it's custom tan colour but..

I think russ got confussed because of the rackmount head...russ and I were talking ages ago about one of his short heads boxs to put my mk IV in..the rack unit is good but i am right now looking at trading it..

Back