Mark IV Owners: Wanna trade?!?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm going to pick up a Mark IV wide body combo (the one with mode switches on the front, not back) from GC tomorrow. Love the amp, but I really wish it were a head....

So, anyone interested in swapping their Mark IV headshell for my combo shell with speaker?

I'll get some more information on it when I get it (within the next day or two) and post it here.

Let me know, and hopefully we an work something out :D

You might want to drop the "pay my shipping" clause.

Figure it this way - If you had to buy a head shell you'd end up paying around $200 all included. A speaker is not worth that much.

frankly, its hard to find a headshell. ive been looking for one for about 3 weeks for my mark III, and ive only had one bite, and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. (nudge nudge if hes reading this heh)

schmoog i was going to get that one from him ages ago but then he moved and packed everything away and i bought another amp..

I just got off the phone with Mesa and they said Mark IV long headshell is $199 plus S+H.

I bet you could get close to $200 for you combo cabinet with speaker to make up for the cost of getting a new one. You should be able to get a break on S+H if you order through a dealer.

Greg

rippingrudy said:
That's why I mention for him to drop the shipping - Even though combos have speakers the head version is way more valuable.

I honestly doubt anyone would want to trade their headshell for a combo cabinet. The head is much more portable with a 112 cab. Good luck with it though.

Greg

phyrexia said:
Suck it up and pay boogie, then sell your widebody on the internets.

agreed, you can probably make 150 or so on ebay, eat the 40bucks and have a perfect out of the box shell 8)

I called Mesa and they quoted me $350 shipped for a headshell with a fan and reverb tank. :?

And they charge the same for an empty combo...no speaker...

We'll see!

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I called Mesa and they quoted me $350 shipped for a headshell with a fan and reverb tank. :?

We'll see!

Whoa... really? I called Mesa about getting a DR shell that was VERY customized and it was only 280.... we're talking custom tolex, grille clothe, brushed metal vents, leather handle, leather corners, boogie logo.. and that was shipped halfway across the country to Chicago to boot.

I'm in shock about that, 350 for a plain medium MarkIV headshell in the default black/black?!

ibanez4life SZ! said:

We'll see!

That sounds about right, about five years ago I did the opposite went from head to combo (convenience for a series of gigs I was doing at the time) but I never gave up my long chassis head shell and today I have it back in the head shell and the combo box sits in storage but I like to have them both and it takes 5 min to switch them

After hearing $280 for your custom shell, I was really suprised to hear $350 for a standard headshell.

I spoke with Marcus Daniel and he said 199 plus 30 shipping. Who did you speak with? Maybe you should ask for Marcus and then ask again.

Greg

disassembled said:
I spoke with Marcus Daniel and he said 199 plus 30 shipping. Who did you speak with? Maybe you should ask for Marcus and then ask again.

Greg

That sounds MUCH more reasonable.

I guess I've check with Mesa again....if it's like that, I can sell the speaker combo for basically the same money....I've seen them go on ebay for $220 before :D

One question if someone should stumble upon here....

I was planning on buying the used Mark IV at my GC, but after checking it's serial number, the amp if from '96....that puppy is over 10 years old now...almost 11....

The amp sat at GC for a while with a blown fuse...they replaced it, and it sounded fine to me, but I'm worried....

Is it ok to buy such an old amp? I really don't want to worry about any reliablity issues......

I bought a '90 and it is still running fine. It has no issues except that little EQ LED on the front of the amp that is always an issue eventually regardless of year of manufacture. A little tap and it comes back on. It doesn't affect anything though whether it is on or off. It just sometimes turns itself off (LED). I wouldn't hesitate. Besides you can always take it back, it's GC. I think that at least GC might help you out if they sell you something that needs work, especially if it was sitting there a while.

Back