Mark IV or Nomad? What up?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark IV or Nomad?

• Mark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nomad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Atomic.Sheep said:
So CAN the Mark IV do metal (or at least come close)? This question is absolutely killing me :( . Like the way I see the answers to this (basically everywhere) is that people are sort of floating around this question but not actually giving more concrete answeres like yes or no :cry: (I know that this is rather limiting, sorry for that). No offense intended guys :wink:

Define what metal is to you. I have a MK IV and a Rectoverb and each does different metal very very well. If I need tight and defined I grab the IV, if I want more girth I grab the Recto. I would have to say yes, you can do metal with a MK IV! :D

Zakk,

I love my Nomad 45 with the extreme switch on extreme.(in the back)

The surprise I think all Nomad owners find is that channel 2 sounds more like the classic (boogie) sound than channel 3. I used both in modern mode and channel three sounds Just like my JCM 800. I like channel 2 better but when I'm in a Marshall mood, nothing beats a strat and channel 3.

The Mark IV has the eq option, but no solo mode. On a Nomad you get three channels with a solo boost on each, like 6 channels. With the Mark IV you can use the eq as a boost, but it changes the sound of rhythm and lead, the solo on the Nomads just gives you more volume.

The Mark IV sound is impossible to beat, but I'm too deaf now after all these years to hear a change from my channel 2 on the Nomad.

chris_bechtel said:
Define what metal is to you.

Well by metal I mean Metallica from early through to present (It's versitile right?-I know it is, everyone says so), Megadeth, Symphony X. Basically thats a good enough palette to describe my perception of metal.

chris_bechtel said:
Define what metal is to you.

Well by metal I mean Metallica from early through to present (It's versitile right?-I know it is, everyone says so), Megadeth, Symphony X. Basically thats a good enough palette to describe my perception of metal.

Then you should have no problem getting what you want out of a MK IV. When some people say metal they mean slipknot and disturbed, others may mean (cringe) Poison and Warrant, and still others might mention Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

I even heard some stuff that Lamb Of God did with the MK IV that was very modern sounding.

How long do you think that Mark IV's will remain in production (after all they have been in production for over 15 years now)? Because I want one (used to want a Dual Recto, but this thing has won me over) but I am planning on getting a guitar first and like a lot of us i don't have that sort of money lying around. :(

Atomic.Sheep said:
How long do you think that Mark IV's will remain in production (after all they have been in production for over 15 years now)? Because I want one (used to want a Dual Recto, but this thing has won me over) but I am planning on getting a guitar first and like a lot of us i don't have that sort of money lying around. :(

Stay strong brother, you will get your mesa one day.
8)

I think in my completely uneducated opinion that the Mark IV will probably be in production for at least another 10 years.
However! There has been talk of mesa's development of the Mark V...

Atomic.Sheep said:

I think you have plenty of time. Look at the MK III's. You can still find them all over the place. The IV's should be around forever. Even if they release another MK or upgrade the IV you'll still be able to get a IV.

Back