mark Iv not enought ooppmmff....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shep

Reaction score
does anyone feel the same?...i play in a heavy style band and i hav to run it really hard to hear it...it doesn't quite cut the sound level. the tone is SO SO SO NICE i would just like to say that...but compare to my marshall it's a really quite amp on 85 watts..

Your amp has a serious problem, or you need to take a serious look at your EQ. I have been playing my Mark IV for the past 5 years, and never once had a problem with punch or cutting through a mix. I have played in bands that included a triple recto and a Marshall JCM 800. I had to make sure that I didn’t burry the other guy in the mix with both of those situations. I have never had the Master on my am above 3. And that is with the channel masters set at 3 as well. 80 watts is more than enough.

Start by borrowing you buddies guitar and plugging directly into the amp.

If you have active pickups have you changed the batteries recently?
Maybe it's time for re-tubing?????
Anything in the signal chain ahead of the amp could effect the signal to V-1.
Boogies are by nature very loud, Start with the simple stuff ahead of the amp, and then start swapping out tubes.

ok...retubed it the other day with jj's ...the full board... leads are a problem/guitar's...i don't use active..gibson and the jem are the mains i use...the sounds are great...just no loud

i meant " lead are NOT a problem same with my guitars.....

i bought this amp second hand// are there any tech problems that form this volume problem....

Sounds like Mesa could help you out, Try calling them. 707-778-6565

My Boogie wide open will tear your head off, painful is the right word.

If anything Mesa may be able to steer you towards a Tech they are familiar with down there.

Link to the Austalian Dealer http://www.proaudio.com.au/

Best of luck!!!!!!!

I agree with our Aussie mate, my Mk 4 doesn't cut through the mix. I'm trying to source a reasonable EVM speaker and I will try some EL34s as these are reuted to have a cutting biting (Marshall) tone. I agree with this poster, Mk 4s need some help!

when i say it isn't loud enought i still mean it is deafing..like it is loud but it isn't as loud as i would like it to be..it doesn't sound as full / big...the tone is wonderful...i really like the sound for smaller gigs to middle size rooms...but in my band we aren't heaps loud just more a really big sound so it takes the amp alot to get thought..yeah..my marshall has no problem at all..so i will take it to the local mesa tech and get him to have a look at the out-put tranny..and the over all out-put...

Tom

Try playing through a sealed cabinet not just the combo speaker. It tightens up the sound and gives a solid bottom. The open back of the combo lets the sound dissipate more thus making it great for very small places but a sealed cabinet helps you project.

Latest posts

Back