Mark IV Manual Discrepancy

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmybcool

Reaction score
I am trying to understand all the features of this amp and have discovered that the manual does not match the Amp. So I went online to look for an updated version and it matches my manual.

Both of them show the EQ and Lead Voicing switches on the back of the amp and my amp has them on front between the volume and EQ section.

Does this matter? Did I get a prototype or something?

At this particular time I don't care. I tried a few settings the previous owner wrote down in the manual in Class A mode with tweed and it is disgusting sweet. I also found some EL34s floating around in the bottom of the amp. And having read the manual I know what they are for. Don't know how much this saved me (yes Virginia as a tech weenie I would have HAD to buy some to try) but it is nice to save any.

There are two versions of the Mark IV head: the short head and the long head. You have the long head since the EQ and lead voicing switch is on the front. As you know, the short head (the one shown in your manual) has these controls on the back. Otherwise, it is the same amp.

Saw your post on TGP. Welcome to Boogie Land.

Enjoy your Mark IV! :mrgreen:

Thanks Nomad.

I admit I just spent 2 hours fooling with it and I haven't scratched the surface of comprehending all it can do.

I did use one setting I got from the net and it is real nice. Full and classic.

Having fun.

The G-Dec is still there but only as a tuner and play along band.

Latest posts

Back