Mark IV Love

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_EIT

Reaction score
I just love this amp more and more EVERYDAY!
Simple!
HAHAHA Long live the Mark IV

Ya I just love it too. I find myself trying to incorporate the name into everything I can, adding "Boogie" at the end of my gaming names ECT. It's just the shizzle.

I bought my first Mark IV in ~1990 I think... it was right when they came out. I had gone through the whole rack thing with a Studio Pre and then a Quad. The Mark IV was it for me... things seemed too easy after about 10 years and I strayed. I bought a Dual Recto, then a Soldano SLO. The Soldano is an amzaing amp, but it seemed to be lacking something. I had bought and sold a couple Mark IV's by this time and wanted to believe that the Soldano was the answer to my problems, but I didn't seem to be fully on board with the idea.

I just went back to my Mark IV earlier this week and now know why I loved this amp in the first place. It is, for me, the best tone one can get. I am running it through a Recto 2x12 and an older Mesa 1x15 with an EV (discontinued).

I just bought my 2nd Mark IV: a Cocoa Bronco widebody combo with gold jute grile. Has EL-34s and 6L6's, so I can get some variety between the two amps. I plan to use my other Mark as my primary gigging amp, moving my F-50 to be my backup.

+1000

I love my new Mark IV more with each rehearsal. I have y first show with it in a week and I am stoked to get it out into a bigger room.

Just got my amp a few days ago (2004 Mark IVb) I have never enjoyed playing my music this much since I started 10 years ago. It was a large investment but I will not be getting rid of this for years to come.

I have a 2007 6 month old mark IV medium head and recto 2x12 in minty condition if anyone is interested

Back