MARK IV (LONG HEAD/SHORT HEAD)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcalabro

Reaction score
hi!
i was just wondering what the difference is between the Mark IV Long Head and the Short Head
i haven't been able to read anything about it
thanks in advance!

Couple of knobs found on the back of the short head is in the front of the med head. That is just about it.

hi, i know the short head can be put in a rack. BUT according to mesa.com they don't sell the long head, it's a short and medium head. is the long head you're talking about 22.5 inches wide? or is this long head been discountiued off the mesaboogie site?

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Mesa%2FBoogie/Mark+IV+Long+Chassis+Head/10/1

not really sure, i haven't looked into it that hard. but i saw one on ebay as
long chassis head as well. so do they mean the medium then?

"
I believe Long Head is the standard size (Marshall, Soldanom Bogner, etc) head. Short and Medium are just smaller (some of the front knobs may be moved to the back and whatnot). Small heads I THINK fit on vertical 2x12s, but someone will have to verify that."

i found that somewhere on the interweb as well. another fourm

there is no long head mkIVs... only short and medium (and the medium head is still shorter/smaller than a dual rec/marshall/...etc head for example), when they say long head they probably refer to the medium one!

thank you! haha i've been very confused because i'm seeing long head everywhere, but it is they who are confused! thank you for clearing that up :)

Yeah, stores shouldn't screw things up like that. If I called a store and asked them to order a mk IV long head version because I wanted to buy it, then i'd have to put some money down, and when I get it, i'll be sure to find that the long head looks like sh!t on a 4x12 cabinet because it's really a medium sized head and isn't the same size as a recto. I'd be really cheesed off, but of course this is an extreme scenario but still..they're the professionals, ( i'd like to think ) they shouldn't have the amp heads formats messed up.

Back