Mark IV LED colors

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunkonu23

Reaction score
This rather a trivial question, but it's something I have to ask...

What color is the newer Mark IV's Rhy1 led? I'm asking because I saw Dream Theater last night and Petrucci's appeared to be green. On my Mark IVa, it's yellow.

Scott

You must have seen the Lonestar. I saw him the day before you did, in Chicago, and he had two Mark IV's and a Lonestar right under it that had a green light at the extreme left. The Mark IV's had yellow for R1.

ketiov said:
You must have seen the Lonestar. I saw him the day before you did, in Chicago, and he had two Mark IV's and a Lonestar right under it that had a green light at the extreme left. The Mark IV's had yellow for R1.

Sorry... they were the two amps on top. :) Both Mark IV's. I was close enough to see the settings in the right light, read the pedalboard, and **** near push the easy button. :)

Scott

dunkonu23 said:
ketiov said:

Sorry... they were the two amps on top. :) Both Mark IV's. I was close enough to see the settings in the right light, read the pedalboard, and **** near push the easy button. :)

Scott
Well, I'm positive the lights were yellow on Tuesday night. Maybe the lighting was weird where you were or something.

Mystic-Creations said:
Aart said:
My '06 Mk 4 head has a yellow R1, orange R2 and red Lead led.

Same here and mine is a 2007.

Yes mine has too and it's an '07. The IVa has the same as I said, but I have seen some mid era ones with a green R1 LED. Although it could be just some dodgy photos on the internet. It's a bit like the handles and chassis support bars on the top. Mine has a leather handle attached to chrome fixings and the bars on top are chrome too. I've seen a lot of different variations of these but I have to say I like mine best !! :D

ANIMATED SUSPENSION said:
Mystic-Creations said:
Aart said:

Yes mine has too and it's an '07. The IVa has the same as I said, but I have seen some mid era ones with a green R1 LED. Although it could be just some dodgy photos on the internet. It's a bit like the handles and chassis support bars on the top. Mine has a leather handle attached to chrome fixings and the bars on top are chrome too. I've seen a lot of different variations of these but I have to say I like mine best !! :D

Yeah, thats another point. The latest B model(since '05) have chrome jacks at every input/output, the older ones used a lot of plastic black ones on the back.

Mystic-Creations said:
Aart said:

Not sure what year mine is but it must be a bit older...it has the green Rhy 1 LED.

Okay, thanks... I asked because--and I guess a bit nerdy--I was paying attention to Petrucci's cleans during the show. He said in his Mesa video that he relied on the Lonestar for cleans but in this show, only on a couple of songs did he use the Lonestar for cleans. I could tell because Lead was on in the Mark IV's, and God knows his lead tone is absolutely monster--whether it's boosted or being used for Rhythm. Oh, yeah... only only twice did I see his R2 lit and it was pretty clean, too--just a little crunchy.

Scott

I guess we'll soon see a ridiculous price hike on Mark IVs with green LED. :lol:

bryan_kilco said:
Mystic-Creations said:

Not sure what year mine is but it must be a bit older...it has the green Rhy 1 LED.

EDIT: wow, i suck at knowing my own gear! :lol: :oops:

yeah mine is Yellow, Orange, Red.

did you see them at the filmore in detroit?
i was there. i only watched a few DT songs, but i was standing in the belcony listening carefully to the tone.
i found myself just saying "wow, that sounds exactly like my tone, only with vintage 30's". i play a mark IV through a c90 loaded boogie cab.

it sounded like a mark IV should. it didn't even sound like there was much eq magic or tricks going on at the mixing board. just mark IV -> v30's.
his awesome playing makes it sound even better.

Yep.. Filmore... Right up front. And, I agree; I can get the exact same tone with my Mark IV and a V30... of course, I'm also using a JP6 BFR. Because of the single speaker setup I have, I'm playing through an MC-90 in a Grendel Dead Room cabinet and mic'd with an SM57.

Scott

Platypus said:
Mine are yellow, orange and red from left to right and it's an '05

my IVa shorthead is a 1993,yellow, orange and red from left to right.

Looks like JP has a one-off, or it could be because of a mod... On the Gear Page of his site, if you enhance contrast, brightness, gamma of the Mark IV pictures, R1 LED's are green. :)

I knew when I saw the green R1 lights that they didn't look right to me.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Scott

And Rich B, I envy you for your "TOT" JP6 BFR!

And Rich B, I envy you for your "TOT" JP6 BFR!

I guess you saw the posts on the ball forum?hahaha,that was funny even John got a kick out of it...

Latest posts

Back