Mark IV + JMP-1 + DD-20 stereo hookup question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToneAddictJon

Reaction score
You would have to run the satellite send to another power amp to get the stereo sounds. I really wish they would just make the Mark IV stereo, it has the returns just needs an external power amp.

ToneAddictJon said:
You would have to run the satellite send to another power amp to get the stereo sounds. I really wish they would just make the Mark IV stereo, it has the returns just needs an external power amp.

They do make a stereo mark iv.......it's called the 290. Honestly, the circuitry of the 290 is almost identical to the mark iv (minus some options like tweed, triode, and class A). I hated having a stereo power amp because you are burning all 8 power tubes no matter if you're playing at bedroom, small gig, or stadium levels.

Greg

I meant giving the option of running the two inside tubes and the two outside tubes with seperate signals, instead of needing a seperate power amp, while still keeping the option of running them all together. Basically a mono/stereo switch that activates the stereo return or defeats it and splits the signal.

ToneAddictJon said:
I meant giving the option of running the two inside tubes and the two outside tubes with seperate signals, instead of needing a seperate power amp, while still keeping the option of running them all together. Basically a mono/stereo switch that activates the stereo return or defeats it and splits the signal.

That would add another tranny so my *lightweight* shorty head would be even HEAVIER. No thanks, but you can have it if you'd like :) Stereo isn't all it's cracked up to be for live sound especially if you're not playing large venues. But don't listen to me because this is coming from a guy that hates using effects :)

Getting a cheapy SS 1 space rack amp (ADA, Rocktron, etc) would probably give good results in conjunction with the Mark IV. The Mesa 20/20 would also be a lightweight all tube solution.

Greg

Latest posts

Back