Mark IV Generations?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyrexia

Reaction score
How many versions of the IV are there? I thought just one but now I've been reading this Mk IV A and Mk IV B business so I'm not sure.

well. it really depends....i have a A i like it alot more than a b. IMO...others think different...there really not much price wise different about the two S/H ....but if you want new then you can only get the b.as the A are now made anymore..lol...the b's have alittle more gain on channel 2 but the A have a clone mk iic+ pre amp..your chocie...i don't think you can go wrong with ether..

Edit: i just read wat i said and i now understand boogieboards comment!!

and no i wasn't DRUNK!! just in a hurry...

now ..why would you say that.....?

aussy's don't drink forsters...all you guys do....we import 90% overseas..and drink the Good Aust Stuff...the stuff that dreams are made of...lol

none of this budwerzie crap...or however you spell it....lol

:D

Shep said:
well. it really depends....i have a A i like it alot more than a b. IMO...others think different...there really not much price wise different about the two S/H ....but if you want new then you can only get the b.as the A are now made anymore..lol...the b's have alittle more gain on channel 2 but the A have a clone mk iic+ pre amp..your chocie...i don't think you can go wrong with ether..

Edit: i just read wat i said and i now understand boogieboards comment!!

and no i wasn't DRUNK!! just in a hurry...

You Aussie's are the best. My aunt Matilda lives in Adelaide.
Great sense of humor. :D

Is there a serial number ya'll can give me to tell if the Mk IV i'm looking at is an A or a B?

Or any kind of distinguishing markings?

On another post, someone said that the transition happened in mid to late 1993. Probably, the IV-B are those ones with the satellite send.

Just look at the rear panel for a quick glance type check. On the A the loop jacks are 4 in a square. The B usually has a line of 3 vertical jacks.

Back