Mark IV + G system questions.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark3trnlNight

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section due to this being my very first post in the board. Anyways I'm pretty sure issues with channel switching on the g system with boogie amps has been beaten to death but there are a few questions I'd like to ask before I attempt a setup. Basically I currently own a Mark IV Head and am looking to buy a G system to use for effects and channel switching but I'm not sure If I have the connections sorted out in my head.

So basically:
Guitar into input
G system Left (mono) output to amp input
TRS cable split to two 1/4 inch cable into sw out 1 plugged into external switching channels 1 and 2 on the amp
TRS cable split to two 1/4 inch cable into sw out 2 plugged into external switching channels 3 and effects loop on the amp

that my basic knowledge of what would work. Please correct me if this is wrong. My 2 questions besides the correctness of this setup is

1. What do I plug in to be able to route some of the effects through my amps effects loop
2. How do I set the relays on the g system to switch correctly, and what would all the ccoo **** look like if you know what I mean.

Any help is appreciated guys thanks.

Back