Mark IV Footswitch Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretout

Reaction score
I was playing my Mark IVb recently and when I tried to switch channels with the footswitch, the switches for channels 1, 2 and 3 wouldn't work. The only controls that will work on the footswitch are the EQ and FX Loop switches. I'm not sure if the issue lies in the amp chassis, the footswitch cord, or if the problem is with the footswitch itself.

Has anyone had this problem before? How can I fix this?

Thanks!!!

normandk7 said:
Maybe just try to unplug and to plug it again.
If your lucky....

Nope, no dice. I pulled the chassis out and everything looked perfectly fine. I have to assume that the issue is with the footswitch itself. It's going to the tech tomorrow (it's covered under the warranty).

Thanks for being the only response!!! :mrgreen:

Just a wild guess...

Check the rotary channel switch to make sure it's working correctly. When you use the rotary dial to select channels manually, I'm pretty sure the EQ & Loop buttons still function on the footswitch but the channel buttons are switched off.

GD_NC said:
Just a wild guess...

Check the rotary channel switch to make sure it's working correctly. When you use the rotary dial to select channels manually, I'm pretty sure the EQ & Loop buttons still function on the footswitch but the channel buttons are switched off.

Thanks for the idea, but I took the Mark IV to the local tech center yesterday (it was still covered by warranty, but the tech wanted $40 if I wanted my amp back in less than 4 weeks), and he called me today and said that one of the footswitch's chips had gone out. It only took him about 26 hours to fix it.

Latest posts

Back