MARK IV DISCONTINUED (FOR REAL)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dodger916 said:
And if the Mark V is a hit (beyond the honeymoon period), I could see Mark IV prices dropping. Look at the prices for Mark IIIs.

And that said, the prices for MkIIIs are still pretty high for 20-year-old amps that aren't exactly rare or legendary.

Yeah, if there's a Mark 5 in the fall, you'll be able to pick up a IV for a grand this time next year as the Petrucci fanboys dump theirs. I doubt that they'll ever go much below that in 2008 dollars, though.

Here's the pic from the NY music store somebody posted on the JP forums:

IMG00068-1.jpg

It says Mark 5, but has it been photo-shopped? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Personally, I'd like to see a back to roots Boogie. A single 12 combo running two 6V6 or 6L6's with a (dare I say it?) Dumble-ish preamp (gain after tone stack). One channel with overdrive, a pull boost control like on the original MK I, a pull bright switch on the treble pot. Just give me something that I can easily carry and has a killer clean tone and a smooth sustaining lead tone that I can switch between. More of a Two Rock Jet at a reasonable price then a Road King or even a Lonestar for that matter. I don't need switches and knobs, I want something simple and toneful. Guess I'll have to buy a Princeton Reverb kit and mod the heck out of it.

I would love to see a tip of the hat to the old boogie sound. It seems that after the recto hit everything changed. To me the mark series and the caliber series amps are the best of boogie.
All that being said I would hold on to your IV's no matter what. It was not in production that long for no reason. I hope the V is grand but I wont sell anything, I'll just gain another amp!!!

mule#1 said:
I would love to see a tip of the hat to the old boogie sound. It seems that after the recto hit everything changed. To me the mark series and the caliber series amps are the best of boogie.
All that being said I would hold on to your IV's no matter what. It was not in production that long for no reason. I hope the V is grand but I wont sell anything, I'll just gain another amp!!!

+1

The way that it was put to me is that "It's a Mark series amp, for sure". I had concerns of the other MESA amps influence on the baseline tone. I do not have that issue bothering me any more. :D :D

JOEY B. said:
mule#1 said:

+1

The way that it was put to me is that "It's a Mark series amp, for sure". I had concerns of the other MESA amps influence on the baseline tone. I do not have that issue bothering me any more. :D :D

I agree about the baseline tone thing. I have a IVb model but usec to have an a. When I first got it I thought it would be to Rectoish but it does have the Mark series tone. I hope they take a look at the love for the IIc+ and give us a little of that in the V!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back