MARK IV DISCONTINUED (FOR REAL)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyrexia

Reaction score
Just got an email from my Rep.

"With this news, the Mark IV now becomes and "Out of Production" model. We will move the Mark IV listing on our website to the "Out of Production"section shortly. It will be interesting to see how this news affects the value of these amps as they now become even harder to get than they've been this past year."

Aart said:
And with what news?

New amp?

"This news" = Mark IV production ceasing

Of course they're talking about used Mark IV prices, because there will be no more new Mark IVs...

My dealer told me three weeks ago that his rep said Mesa was starting a Mark IV batch. My dealer also said that it would not take very long to get my amp. I have been waiting since January, and my order started out as a custom short head (since changed to a medium head, as short heads are no longer available). I have been contacting my dealer every week for updates, but he seems to be out of the loop. Can anyone confirm that Mesa is doing a run of Mark IV's right now? If so, how much longer should I be willing to wait? Im going on Week 17 now. This is the first time I have custom ordered an amp from Mesa, is my wait typical?

I guess I am worried that Mesa will contact my dealer in a few weeks and say "oops, sorry, no more Mark IV's". Four weeks ago it was, "oops, sorry, no more short heads". :evil:

MarkofXlnts said:
My dealer told me three weeks ago that his rep said Mesa was starting a Mark IV batch. My dealer also said that it would not take very long to get my amp. I have been waiting since January, and my order started out as a custom short head (since changed to a medium head, as short heads are no longer available). I have been contacting my dealer every week for updates, but he seems to be out of the loop. Can anyone confirm that Mesa is doing a run of Mark IV's right now? If so, how much longer should I be willing to wait? Im going on Week 17 now. This is the first time I have custom ordered an amp from Mesa, is my wait typical?

I guess I am worried that Mesa will contact my dealer in a few weeks and say "oops, sorry, no more Mark IV's". Four weeks ago it was, "oops, sorry, no more short heads". :evil:

Geez! You could have bought (and sold) two Mark IVs on eBay by now! I'd call Mesa direct and raise a huge stink. Just me.

Well, I was just on the Mesa Boogie site and, I **** you not, the Mark IV is no longer listed.

It's over guys! As of today, the Mark IV is NOT listed on the Boogie website!
I'm SO HAPPY I got one when I did XD

chris_EIT said:
It's over guys! As of today, the Mark IV is NOT listed on the Boogie website!
I'm SO HAPPY I got one when I did XD
I have brand new one sitting in a music store that I haven't had a chance to pick up yet. Hopefully, I find out what's next before I get to the point of no return on it. Pun intended. :wink:

newfinator said:
Well, I was just on the Mesa Boogie site and, I **** you not, the Mark IV is no longer listed.

True! And very weird...
There's a pic of a Mark IV, but no details page, only the Mark I, which by the way, announces the One's "Final Production Run".
But the blurb is still for the Mark IV ("...stunning power and ultimate versatilty..."). Weird.
Mesa's just effing with us, now.:D
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Mark_Series/mark_series.html

I looked at the mesa site 3 hours ago and it was there. Now, NOT!!!

It's over ... and if the Mark V is to come, it will live under a huge shadow for 18+ years!!!

I would say goodbye to a great amp, but she's here at home.

:twisted:

It's weird that they didn't even put the "Final Production Run" message on the Mark IV page like on the Mark I & Bass 400+ pages. :shock:

Assuming they have a replacement ready to go, they better not delay too long in announcing it or a lot people might go elsewhere. I came very close to buying a VHT instead and if tomorrow was the day to order my Mark IV and saw this I would have simply gone with the VHT without waiting and hoping for a rumored Mark V or whatever..

I still would love to hear the rumoured Mark IV, could be great, could suck, could find itself a spot next to the mark iv XD

Any word on parts availability in the future? I need to get a new handle for mine.

I'd have to guess with this announcement the rumored MKV is a direct replacement on some level... Maybe a MKIV+.

Just checked the Mesa website . . . Okay, NOW, I believe it. I don't think it gets any more official than that!

4done.jpg

Well, I'm still glad I snagged one of the last Mark IV rackmounts available about a month ago. I honestly can't imagine how they would "improve" on the Mark IV in its successor. More RK-style "routing" options? Better cleans (I don't care)? Multiple amp voicings? I dunno. IMO, the Mark IV is one of the best metal/recording amps, bar none.

Any word on parts availability in the future? I need to get a new handle for mine.

You should be fine. They will probabley keep using the same handle. plus they use most of the same parts because i can still order parts for my mark III :D

mark V :Its coming

newfinator said:
Assuming they have a replacement ready to go, they better not delay too long in announcing it or a lot people might go elsewhere. I came very close to buying a VHT instead and if tomorrow was the day to order my Mark IV and saw this I would have simply gone with the VHT without waiting and hoping for a rumored Mark V or whatever..

Um, phyrexia can probably give some numbers but I was under the impression that they were not exactly selling a lot of new MkIVs. Outside of Mesa fans a lot of players didn't even realize you could still buy them new, and Mesa hasn't bothered to advertise them for years. (Tip: If you really want a product line to be central for your company, you generally, y'know, advertise it.) I don't think they're really worried about losing a massive base of potential MkIV customers, in the grand scheme of things. It's not like they don't make a few other amps.

Latest posts

Back