• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark IV deal on gumtree (not mine)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful on this !

I've just had a reply - the advert is in the London Gumtree stating the amp is in Manchester, yet the guy's in Cardiff (or so he says) !

Won't respond with a telephone number to call ....... and says he'll post it ......

"Im in Cardiff..
760 pounds and we have a deal.
price includes postage fees.
reply with info where to post the amp. upon your reply with the requested details, i am to send my banking info where to send the funds.
I have an account with Barclays.

Cheers"

Anyone else try ?

Lyn

same here..

vague answers, no reply to the query about the add in manchester, told me he was also in Cardiff. He sent me pictures but these look to have been taken from Ebay (tell tale camera watermark in the right corner). ignores requests for a contact number to discuss, and price seems too good to be true..

I call foul.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the logo seems to be wrongly placed and no sus4 mounts?

Has it been recabinetted or fake????

I came across something rather similarly suspicious on london gumtree a while back, I sent an email asking about an attractively-priced rivera amp and got this in reply...
"Hello,

The Guitar Amplifier Rivera Venus 6 Koa Cabinet Rare is still available. The price I would like to obtain for it is £800. The guitar comes with all accessories and full warranty.
Right now I'm located in Manchester with my work. If you are interested to buy it now, I will do this transaction only through eBay in order to have a safe transaction for both of us. To start the transaction please reply me with your full shipping name, address and your eBay ID.
As soon as I have them I will start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. eBay will send you an invoice with all the info you will need to complete the transaction. I will handle the shipping to your location, so this will be free of charge for you.
You will get the guitar and you will have 3 days of inspection in which you can decide if you keep it or not. In case the item is not as described and you don't want to keep it, you notify eBay and you send it back on my cost! If you want to keep it, you notify eBay. Payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay for security reasons. They will contact you to confirm the transaction by email. You will get the item in max. 48 hours.

I'll be waiting for your reply soon with the requested details."

I was surprized his uncle hadn't also recently passed away leaving a large sum in his bank account..... ;)

Latest posts

Back