Mark IV compact combo and short head no more ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retu

Reaction score
Hi, is it true that the production of Mark IV compact combo and short head is stopped? I tried to order one but my local supplier informed me that only wide-bodys are available. I sent two E-mails to Mesa but I havent got an answer from them.

From the website:

Mark IV
FORMATS:
Short Head (Width 18-3/4 inches)

Rackmount Head

Medium Head (Width 22-½ inches)

1x12 Widebody Combo • C90 Speaker • Casters

1x12 Compact Combo • C90 Speaker • Casters

They're still advertising them, so I gotta believe they're still making them.

On the modern era board there is an up to date price list posted that shows prices for these.

Ok, now I got a reply from Mesa:

"....We no longer have the parts to manufacture a compact MKIV head or combo. You will need to connect with your dealer, and they may be able to locate what you are looking for through our international sales rep...."

If they have quit getting parts for the Mark IV maybe that means a Mark V is on the way.

holy molly, move over rover. If there is a Mark V about to be released may the world be prepared for it's awesomeness !!!!!!
*But the Mark IV still pwns* lol

phyrexia said:
Who at Mesa told you that?

Kris Dilbeck.

I sure hope that the compact combo comes back in production because I don't have enough space for a wide-body combo. If the halt in production is due to a forecoming release of Mark V or something, I wish there will be a compact combo version (with Mark IV lead tone and GEQ) as well.....

devilrob1979 said:
So much for the rackmount. This sucks.

Yeah, the ability to rack mount was THE feature in short version. Hopefully this means that they are planning to use the same housing for Mark V. I still find it odd that they have printed the prices in their catalogue being aware that the model will be discontinued...

I still wonder about the economics of releasing another $2K+ amp this year. While the way Mesa does it they're mostly safe from getting stuck with a bunch of inventory, I don't think they're going to want to do anything that could cut into RK or Roadster sales, or launch an amp that no one except a few enthusiasts buys. Both of those things would "look bad" in an industry sense. Remember that Mesa doesn't really like doing massive product promotion.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go Mark-less for a couple years, unless the Mark V is going to be either a more midpriced amp or something you have to order as an expensive built-to-order one-off.

"We are out of stock of the short chassis themselves and I do not know if we're ordering more" says my rep. He's gonna let me know when he knows for sure.

Note, too, that Mesa discontinued the Mark I, also a "short" chassis.
No more rack-mountable chassis? Rats! :cry:
Wonder when they'll dump the rack-mount kit?

Wow, I ordered my custom Mark IV short head around Jan 29th, and heard nothing at the time about the short head being discontinued. Will I get a short head or will they send me a medium head? Maybe I placed my order early enough to still get the short head (my dealer told me Mesa took the order and said it was no problem). I am going to be very upset if I end up with a medium head, my cabinets are set up for short heads.

MarkofXlnts said:
Wow, I ordered my custom Mark IV short head around Jan 29th, and heard nothing at the time about the short head being discontinued. Will I get a short head or will they send me a medium head? Maybe I placed my order early enough to still get the short head (my dealer told me Mesa took the order and said it was no problem). I am going to be very upset if I end up with a medium head, my cabinets are set up for short heads.

Well, I'll guess you should get what you've ordered.

phyrexia said:
"We are out of stock of the short chassis themselves and I do not know if we're ordering more" says my rep. He's gonna let me know when he knows for sure.

Would you ask your rep. If Mesa manufactures any Mark IV:s anymore.
I wonder what's happening?

Latest posts

Back