mark iv combo or dual rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amesav

Reaction score
i currently own a dual rectifier 99 model 2 channel with mesa slant quad box and have been offered a swap for a mark iv combo just wanderin what to do i love the mark iv heads but havent used a combo version would it be loud enough for gigging

If you don't like the combo version, you can convert the MKIV into a head.
I personally did that, and I kept the combo shell, because it has its advantages sometimes.

You can also run the combo into a 4x12. It will be very heavy to carry though.

most likely..pretty sure they are still 85 watts all tubed...as long as you're not gigging for like thousands of people you should be fine...especially if they mic amps at the venues you play.

amesav said:
is the combo loud enough on its own

Easily

I run my Mark IV head through a rectifier 1x12, and I could drowned out a drummer if i chose to.

What I would be most concerned about is whether you will like the open back tone of the combo.

With the Mark series it is very easy to convert the combo to a head. One of the members on this board makes them. See this thread here.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=25390

So it is a straight up 2 channel dual rec head and mesa 4x12 slant cab for a Mark IV combo???

My personal opinion, he needs to sweeten the pot a bit.

I also hope you are ready for the completely different tone. I love the Mark IV, but I also love the dual rec. From your post you obviously know the Mark IV tone.

Mark IV is earth-shatteringly mind-blowingly fricking-awesomely loud. You'll have no problems with the combo. Look for an EV loaded one, if you're going to be playing at high volume it'll serve you a lot better than a C90.

thanks guys for your input ill give it a crank and see how i go rock on mesa rule

Back