Mark IV combo not working

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHYX

Reaction score
I sold my Mark IV 1 x 12" combo private stock and had it shipped. The person wrote me this:the lead sound worked ok for about a minute but there is no sound for the clean 1&2 channels at all and now the lead channel has almost no volume at all. checked all the tubes to make sure they were all in their sockets. any help would be appreciated.
Any ideas I can tell this person. It's a 2002 and everything worked great when I shipped it. I do remember one time that my 90 degree plug for my speaker was giving me trouble at one time. The center was loose and all I did was give it a little turn and the sound came back. I need to get this guy going then I can move on to buy another boogie.
Thanks!
Jim

Maybe an intermittent in the foot switch? Unplug the foot controller and try using the dial in the back panel to switch channels instead.

Did you remove the tubes before shipping?

Sounds like the preamp tubes should be the first place he checks/replaces.

Tubes were pack good and amp was shipped in a true anvil case with foam packing inside that cover everything. I remember when I purchase this a while back they shipped it with the tubes in the socket and I had no problem with it.The person e-mail me and told me he had a mesa dealer down the road so he took it to him. I don't think he gave it a chance. I gave him some ideas but I not sure if he knew a lot about working on the amp. He told me that he should know soon. I hope the dealer finds a easy fix. It worked great before I shipped.
Thanks!
Jim

I would find out the dealers name and phone number-fast. Call him and talk to him. This may be on the up-and-up, or the buyer may try and get some new tubes with his buddy-the dealer. So, talk to this guy (dealer) tell him yur side of the story and go from there.

TW

Believe there is some more info in this post with similar prob...Cheers!
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=20677

PHYX said:
I sold my Mark IV 1 x 12" combo private stock and had it shipped. The person wrote me this:the lead sound worked ok for about a minute but there is no sound for the clean 1&2 channels at all and now the lead channel has almost no volume at all. checked all the tubes to make sure they were all in their sockets. any help would be appreciated.
Any ideas I can tell this person. It's a 2002 and everything worked great when I shipped it. I do remember one time that my 90 degree plug for my speaker was giving me trouble at one time. The center was loose and all I did was give it a little turn and the sound came back. I need to get this guy going then I can move on to buy another boogie.
Thanks!
Jim

Those right angle 1/4" plugs can loose continuity on the ground side when the barrel gets loose like that and can cause big problems. That should be replaced pronto.

Latest posts

Back