mark iv channel switching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blank

Reaction score
does anyone know if it's possible to all 3 channels with a tc electronic G Major and a Y adapter? or must i buy additional gear?

Ok, when i have bought my G-Major, 3 or 4 years ago, the first thing i've done is to call a technician to ordering a Y jack !
I thought, with the Mark IV set to "External Switching" ( the knob behind the amp) the amp could be on the RHY1 by default, and then with the Y adapter pluged to the RHY2 and LEAD (in the input jacks behind the amp)
i could be able to swich the RHY2 or LEAD channels with the G-Major, if neither the RHY2 neither LEAD will be selected by the G-Major, then the Mark IV automatically returned to his RHY1 channel by default !!!
What a mistake, suddenly there was a burned smell and MarkIV pedalboard was OFF : the only thing i have done is to kill the internal MarkIV footswitch alimentation and my MarkIV footswitch didn't work anymore, the MarkIV footswitch was out of work, impossible to make it work again, all the leds were off because it wasn't alimented electrically anymore by the amp :x
I had to bring the amp to a Tech, and the work cost me 250 Euros to have the amp repaired...
Hope you have understood me well, it's not so easy to speak english,
My advice is don't try to switch the MarkIV channels with the G-Major, it's impossible, buy a switcher for this :wink:

Antoine said:
Ok, when i have bought my G-Major, 3 or 4 years ago, the first thing i've done is to call a technician to ordering a Y jack !
I thought, with the Mark IV set to "External Switching" ( the knob behind the amp) the amp could be on the RHY1 by default, and then with the Y adapter pluged to the RHY2 and LEAD (in the input jacks behind the amp)
i could be able to swich the RHY2 or LEAD channels with the G-Major, if neither the RHY2 neither LEAD will be selected by the G-Major, then the Mark IV automatically returned to his RHY1 channel by default !!!
What a mistake, suddenly there was a burned smell and MarkIV pedalboard was OFF : the only thing i have done is to kill the internal MarkIV footswitch alimentation and my MarkIV footswitch didn't work anymore, the MarkIV footswitch was out of work, impossible to make it work again, all the leds were off because it wasn't alimented electrically anymore by the amp :x
I had to bring the amp to a Tech, and the work cost me 250 Euros to have the amp repaired...
My advice is don't try to switch the MarkIV channels with the G-Major, it's impossible, buy a switcher for this :wink:

Wow, thank you very much for the warning, because I was planning on doing something similar to this with a FCB 1010. Now that I know of the consequences, I think I'll play it safe and buy a CFX4 with my G-Major.

Sorry to go a little off-topic, but would this be a correct setup

G-Major > Behringer FCB 1010 > Axess CFX4 > Mark IV ?

Antoine said:

Who cares about your English. More Clips..... 8)

Hi Boogiebabies i'll put some other MarIV clips in My Space webpage soon, i'll let you know...
Thank you :wink:

I would just use the IV footboard for the channels and the FCB for the G-Major. Little more space, but it's a ***** to setup the FCB.

I've heard the Ground Control can handle that setup very well.

JA

yeah, but i want to hit one button which changes all the effects and selects the correct channel. i think i'll have to look into a product from axess. thanks for the help guys

blank said:
yeah, but i want to hit one button which changes all the effects and selects the correct channel.
The Ground Control Pro/GCX combination will do that and a lot more. I love the versatility of that setup. My amp setup took a huge leap forward after adding those two pieces.

I have to second the notion that this setup works great. I used 3 relay modules (forget the model no.) from MIDI Solutions to switch channels on my MK-IV, controlled by a GC Pro, with a G-Major in the EFX loop. Anyone interested in doing this should note that the MIDI relays can't be mounted in the MK-IV itself, as the magnetic field from the Black Shadow in my combo was so strong it prevented the MIDI relays from toggling. I have the G-Major and relays in a small rack, along with power supplies for my pedal board, and this makes for simple cabling and fast setup. I use the GCX in my home rack to allow any preamp (Triaxis, Recto, or the MK-IV's) to be used with any power amp (MK-IV or 20/20). Works great.

Latest posts

Back