Mark IV + Bogner - New songs from my band

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howitzer

Reaction score
My band Howitzer just finished mixing 3 songs for our latest demo - I used a Mark IV, and a Bogner Uberschall, Both with a mesa Standard cabinet, in the studio - Im really happy with how the combination chunked on the recording - Check out the Revelations intro - I love bass in my tone!

The bogner was dialed in a little cleaner, and with more bass (it has more than the Mark, by far!).

For leads I used the Mark IV exclusively, through a bogner cab, the g12t-75 celestions really helped out the Highs of the V30's, In fact my next Avatar cabinet will be setup the same way!

Other points of interest - The only guitar I used was an LTD ec1000 with EMG-81's. Im really happy with the sound in that respect, even though I have recently switched to Passive SD's. I also used a Dunlop wah - the Zakk Wylde model (the extra sweep makes me happy!) swept forward in Live To Fight, and I used it to double the 2nd solo in New Blood.

Anyways -> Comments, questions, flames? Download the songs, and play them on a good stereo please - The myspace player is **** for bass response!

www.myspace.com/howitzerAZ

Id like to thank everyone on this board who helped me out, my tone ear, and playing have improved by leaps and bounds, and you all helped me tremendously!

I will definately check this out when i get home from work tonight. Can't get anything to load from crappy computer at work!

nocluejimbo said:
Great. The amps complement eachother perfectly and your tight playing add up to a very full guitar sound.

Good god, did somone pay you to say that?

Thanks!

Anyone else? - Bring it!

Howitzer said:
nocluejimbo said:
Great. The amps complement eachother perfectly and your tight playing add up to a very full guitar sound.

Good god, did somone pay you to say that?

Thanks!

Anyone else? - Bring it!

Nah, I'm just an aspiring guitarist with an avid love of metal and all things Boogie.

Nice fast riffing and yeah, your playing is very tight. Just my type of music, hard and aggressive. You should boost your leads a bit so they stand out a little more. Other than that it sounds wicked!!

Extremely well done. That's exactly the rhythm tone I was trying to achieve with my Mark IV (and I'm finally coming close!). Your composition and playing is very tight.

The EMG's were absolutely perfect for the rhythm parts. For the solos I would have added a bit more mids, but then I'm more of a Dimarzio guy. :)

Latest posts

Back