Mark Iv-blues and classic rock?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattinthehat2502

Reaction score
I'm wondering how good the mark IV is for blues and classic rock? I'm stuck between this and the roadster. It seems to me that the roadster would be better for this kind of sound because of the lonestar cleans?

It's funny, the Mark IV seems to be voiced close to that style of music, but I prefer my DR to it when I play those styles. That's a tough decision though, and really an A/B test between the 2 is the only way to decide which is better for you, but my vote would be for the roadster.

The MKIV is classic rock :shock: However if you have hot pickups you'll have to learn to back off on the throttle a little.

I think the Mk IV is an awesome blues/classic rock amp. You know with a Mk IV you've got a good clean channel and fantastic lead channel, but Ch 2 really gets to shine with both those styles. Just enough dirt.

(but the sound of classic rock is really the Stiletto :lol: )

I play in a classic rock cover band and I spend a majority of the time on the R2 channel.

It is great with the gain around 6 or 7. I goose it with a booster for solos and keep the lead channel dialed for the three metal songs we do in the set.

Scott

Latest posts

Back