[Mark IV] Another take at Dream Theater's Repentance solo.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enc3f4L0

Reaction score
I uploaded another take to youtube. Played over the 5.1mix of the original song without guitars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdblN4cq3hc

Enjoy. :)

Really good man!!
but i listen few high humm, try to reduce it and it will be perfect!
excellent playing man!

Now can you PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASE record Overture 1928?
The same as him!

Awsesome tone and playing man. I feel intense GAS for a Mark IV, must...resist...do not......give...in......ahhhh!

Ok, I'm buying one. :)

I have to ask for settings...the tone was gorgeous...spot on!

If only my Mark IV would get here....

What cab are you playing through?

I have to ask for settings...the tone was gorgeous...spot on!

+1

And I would like to know if you've got the stock mesa tubes or did you swap them for some other brand?

Thanks for watching and commenting. Appreciate it! :D

Yep, my settings were posted here awhile ago. Not much change for this video, except that the volume was lower and I used 'midgain' instead of 'harmonics'.

They are stock Mesa tubes. I haven't tried any others really (other than the svetlanas that were in my Mark IV A, which I sold).

The cab is a Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12.

@diafebus: I also hear a hum... My apartment has some old lousy wiring and it reflects on the amp... Sometimes I'll feel a huge drop in volume and it starts to buzz. Depends on the day. I don't think the PC mic helped all that much on the quality control either. hehe

@visualrocker69: Which part exactly did you want to watch? Or just the whole song for fun? I think that would be too long for me to upload. I'm having a hard time uploading as it is with these minute long videos. My internet suck, I'll be changing it pretty soon.

Enc3f4L0 said:
@visualrocker69: Which part exactly did you want to watch? Or just the whole song for fun? I think that would be too long for me to upload. I'm having a hard time uploading as it is with these minute long videos. My internet suck, I'll be changing it pretty soon.

Well isn't it fortunate that the whole thing is only 3:37? :D :D :D

I'm sorry about your internet T_T Are you getting cable? DSL? Hope the transition goes smoothly!

Anyway, take your time. I won't mind waiting until you have new internet. I've been a fan of your vids since the JPForum Jam! 8)

After about 20 attempts/entire day uploading I managed to get it up on youtube. I'm not sure if I'll leave it up for long, it isn't that great of a take.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPX-z0nAnnc

Enc3f4L0 said:
I'm not sure if I'll leave it up for long, it isn't that great of a take.
Don't bother taking it down. :wink:

~trem

@visualrocker69: Glad you liked it! :)

@junior: Sou brasileiro sim cara. Comprei a caixa nos EUA. Abraço.

Back