Mark IV and warranty

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
I think that the warranty is more of a piece of mind offering. Any company that will stand behind an electronic gadget for 5 yrs has real faith in their product. You should too. I have never had a warranty on any tube amp but then again never needed one because the only problems I have ever had were maintenance related.

It's nice to have the warranty. I have NEVER had a mesa that actually had a warranty repair. and I have had at least 1 mesa/boogie in my posession at all times since 2001. Then again, come to think of it, I have never had a mesa boogie require any repair at all. but regardless, it is nice to have a warranty, but its definetly not a dealbreaker. I have no qualms about owning a mesa without the warranty at all.

rabies said:
I'm eyeing a local Mark IV in great shape w/ jute grille. Not under warranty. How many of you guys have Mark IV's that you bought new and actually took to a Mesa service tech to have serviced that was covered by the warranty?

In other words, how valuable is the 5 yr warranty or transferrable warranty? Is it really necessary? Seems a lot of eBay purchases are not advertised as under warranty and even my Mark III seems to be operating flawlessly.

I know a lot of you will say if you baby your amp, chances are it won't need to be serviced. But I babied the hell out of my RK1 and the pentode/triode switch burnt and caused me 2 weeks of headache.

Hey rabies, a warranty is always nice just in case Murphy's Law were to apply. Tip of the day for changing the pent/trio setting is to alway put the amp in standby first. This will eliminate the possiblity of arcing across the contacts by the high plate voltage being handled by the switch.
Rock On

Good tip:

If changing any settings that would change the way the amp actually works (meaning power section) turn off your amp first then repower in the new selection after the change has been made.

Be considerate to your amp and it will last a little longer...

Back