Mark IV and Hotplate???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waassaabee

Reaction score
A friend tells me not all amps can use an attenuator/hot plate. Is a Mark IV one of those amps that can or can't :?:

you should be able to as the hotplate only sits in between your head and the speaker and acts like a master volume

it takes all thr excess energy and changes it to heat so you can run your amp full then use it as a volume control so I cant see there being an issue with any amp unless the speaker outs have some really strange ohmage that thd dont do but they cover most

I really do think you would be safe using one

I have used my Mk IV and Hotplate many times with no problems what so ever.

as I mentioned the attenuator just sits inline between your amp and the speaker as acts like another volume control after the amp which can then be driven and use the hotplates volume control to get the best outta your MKIV's driven sounds at low volume

I reallyu cant see why there should be any trouble with using it!!

Very cool!! I'm heading down to Smell-A this weekend, so I think I'll check the Pawn Shops along Sunset..

When I talked with the guys at the Mesa Hollywood store they said no problem! That's the way to go!! Great unit.. we sell em here!! Then I asked about if you can plug in an extension cabinet too, and they said, well, uh you can do it, it won't hurt your amp, but most of the time it's only used for one input. Then one of the other guys says I've got two.. That when the $$$ started adding up in my head.. Maybe I'll re-evaluate the situation..

Actually of the attenuators the hotplate is the only one Mesa will allow under warranty. They say the rest void your warranty. There was a guy who was scared off from buying my Powerbrake for this reason.

Back