Mark IV and EV= Monster Tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mule#1

Reaction score
I have had this beautiful flamed maple Mark IV widebody for a while now. I look at it in awe everytime I pull the cover off, but I've never got that creamy rich boogie tone I remember from the early nineties I got from my previous IV. I thought it was because this was a "B" model. That is untill I ran it through my enclosed EV today. Holy #@*% All of a sudden there it was again. I can't beleive what a difference. Theese babies were made to be played through EV's. The cab is an old 2X12 with an enclosed bottom and open top. I have a vintage 30 instead of the old Blackshadow C90 but I'm going to hunt one down and install in the top![/b]

Agreed. I LOVE playing my MArk IV through 2 Boogie 4x12 halfback cabs loaded with EVM12Ls. The sound is clear and huge!

Do you have all EVM12's in your cab? I have (2) 2x12 halfbacks and only one EVM. I was going to set them both up as EVM on the bottom and Black Shadow C90's on the open top. How do the EVM sound in the open top?

mule#1 said:
Do you have all EVM12's in your cab? I have (2) 2x12 halfbacks and only one EVM. I was going to set them both up as EVM on the bottom and Black Shadow C90's on the open top. How do the EVM sound in the open top?

Yup, all EVM12Ls. I like them in the top sopt. A little brighter, but still clear. It sounds great with the top closed too 8)

i also have 2x12 HB loaded with EVM, ive compared with a lot of speakers,but EVM are the best for mesa amps. If i see another of these boxes, load it with EVMs and have another best cab, i dont want to have 4x12,its too huge, but double 2x12 HB vertical would be just great...

Latest posts

Back