Mark III Wattage???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

path09en

Reaction score
Need a liitle help please!

Can someone please tell me how many watts my amp is in:

1) Class 'A' mode
2) Simul-class mode

I've read some threads saying that it's 60W/100W, 15W/85W, and that it depends on what "stripe" it is.

Mine has a Black 'X' by the power cord and its serial# is 15946

Also, I run El34s in the outer sockets if that info matters...

Thank you all!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/path09en/X-NoStripe.jpg

The simul-class models are 15 watts in class A and 85 watts in the simul-class mode. The 100 watt models with four 6L6s can (always I think) be switched to 60 watts by cutting power to the outer tubes.

The older MK III's are 15 watts class A, and 75 watts simul-class. This is due to the outer pair of tubes being wired in triode. The green stripe MK III's and MK IV's are 25 watts class A and 85 watts simul-class. This is because the outer pair of tubes are wired in pentode which produces more power. The inside pair of tubes has always been wired in class A/B and produces 60 watts. Adding the wattage of the inner pair and outer pair of tubes in a simul-class amp gives you the total output.
The 100 watters can be switched to 60 watts. The 100/60 switch puts the inner pair of tubes on standby. So you are only running the outside pair which gives you about 60 watts.

Latest posts

Back