Mark III vs Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
Hi,

Please be advised I have tried using the search feature as I am sure someone has asked this or simlar questions in the past but I continually get this message
You tried to access the address http://forum.grailtone.com/search.php?mode=results, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

With that said, I would like to know what the differences are tone wise between these two amps.

I would really like to get a Mark IV. My friend has one and I really like it.

That said from sound clips I have heard on youtube (I understand the quality leaves a lot to be desired) the mark III seems to sound very similar.

I am specifically looking into the heads for either.

It seems I can usually find a Mark III on ebay or craigslist from the 800 - 1000$ price range, while the mark IV are normally closer to 1400-1500.

Now, my main amp will be my Roadking. So which ever I get will not be my only amp.

But I am just trying to get a feel for the differences you guys here. Basically, is it worth it to wait the extra time and buy the Mark IV.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back