Mark III vs DC-10

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanboy

Reaction score
How does the Mark III compare to the DC-10? Are they similar amps? Or too different to really compare? Which is a better amp, I know it's probably personal preference, but just want to hear your opinions.

Thanks,
Sean

I've had a DC-5 and a Mark III at the same time, so I can compare those. The Mark III (mines a red stripe) has more of an aggressive lead channel, a bit more sustain/liquid tone, and a bit more gain. The DC-5 seemed a bit smoother/rounder/looser. The DC's lead channel is supposed to be based on a Recto. Both are fairly similar though, and I found I could get the DC very close to the Mark III by added a Tubescreamer in front. The DC did have bit of a better clean channel, plus it has separate controls which is nice.

+1

The DC amps are more chewy and towards the recto tone, much more open sounding. The Mark III is more tight, compressed, and focused. The same can be said about the cleans; the Marks cleans are very tight and Fendery, and the DC's are a little more warm but still awesome. +1 on the balancing act you have to do balance volume and tone on the Mark III, the DC has seperate controls. OD pedals, tube/speaker choice and careful EQ'ing can bring the DC's into either recto or Mark territory though - i've played and heard it many times.

Back